Using Extension Manager CC to install PSDCovers generates modal error stating “This extension can not be installed, it requires Photoshop version 14.0 or greater.”
Why am I seeing this error?
Extension Manager CC was deprecated after CC 2014 — you cannot use Extension Manager CC to install Photoshop plugins for any version after CC 2014.
Deprecation Notice UPDATE
Adobe has updated the URL for the original deprecation notice which now points viewers to Creative Cloud error codes and descriptions.
Here is the original notice:
Adobe still mentions the deprecation on the following Creative Cloud page.
Use Adobe’s official method for installing third-party panels:
Official Install Method
- Go to your Creative Cloud account
- Click “Remove” to uninstall the PSDCovers panel.
- Return to our CC installation walkthrough and start again.
Still need help?
Unofficial Install Method
- Download ZXP Installer from zxpinstaller.com
- Download PSDCovers PSDCovers CC zxp
- Launch zxpinstaller (their app provides instructions)
- Drag the PSDcovers zxp file onto the zxpinstaller window
- Installation is complete, quit zxpinstaller
- Restart Photoshop
ZXP Installer is an open source alternative to both Adobe Extension Manager CC or Creative Cloud and will install the plugin correctly with the proper user permissions. We do not offer support for ZXPInstaller.