Using Extension Manager CC to install PSDCovers generates modal error stating “This extension can not be installed, it requires Photoshop version 14.0 or greater.”
Why am I seeing this error?
Extension Manager CC was deprecated after CC 2014 — you cannot use Extension Manager CC to install Photoshop plugins for any version after CC 2014.
Adobe’s official method of installing extensions is through their Creative Cloud Add-on’s portal:
Use Adobe’s official method for installing PSDCovers:
Official Install Method
- Go to your Creative Cloud account
- Click “Remove” to uninstall the PSDCovers plugin.
- Return to our CC installation walkthrough and start again.
Unofficial Install Method
- Download ZXP Installer from zxpinstaller.com
- Download PSDCovers PSDCovers CC zxp
- Launch zxpinstaller (their app provides instructions)
- Drag the PSDcovers zxp file onto the zxpinstaller window
- Installation is complete, quit zxpinstaller
- Restart Photoshop
ZXP Installer is an open source alternative to both Adobe Extension Manager CC or Creative Cloud and will install the plugin correctly with the proper user permissions. We do not offer support for ZXPInstaller.