All the resources are royalty free for both commercial use and personal projects, however, the Actions/raw PSD are covered under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
In general the sky is the limit, I am happy to create this content for anyone to freely use providing it’s not abused. So here are the ground rules:
- You cannot redistribute, resell, lease, license, sub-license or offer any of the Actions (or resulting PSD files) on this site to any third party. This includes hosting the Actions or resulting PSD file on another site.
- You may not edit, decompile, repurpose, extend or sell the Actions on this site.
- You may not sell the resulting PSD file, this includes hosting the resulting PSD file on another site.
- Any format which preserves all the layers such as TIFF’s are to be treated as PSD in regards to usage
This may sound harsh but I need to be clear on what’s mine and what’s yours. The following are examples of things you cannot do (based on things people are doing but shouldn’t be):
- You may not render a solid colour onto an Action and submit it as stock content on Shutterstock or other stock photo site (more details below). By extension you may not remove the label and submit a rendered result with no branding to a stock site.
- You may not add a smartlayer to the resulting PSD and sell or host it on another site.
- You may not change the filename and claim the Action as your own
- You may not modify the Action and claim the result as your own
The Shutterstock example above is mine and serves as 1 example of how I’m generating money directly off my work. I maintain all commercial rights to the photographs, Actions and the PSD files which are direct results of running the Action. The Creative Commons license is pretty clear about non-dirivitive work.
So what can you do? Quite a lot actually.
- You may store the rendered PSD result locally for later edits, you can share your modified PSD with co-workers
- You may modify the Action to suit your specific needs, however, the resulting Action cannot be sold, licensed or hosted on another site.
- You may create smartlayers if working with PSD files is preferable to running the Actions. However, you may not sell, license or host these modified files on another site.
- You can sell, host, license any flattened work you create. ie., a JPEG, PNG, BMP etc.
- You can create websites for your clients using the Actions on this site to generate their content and bill them for your time. I get nothing and that’s fine with me.
Zero attribution to me is required.
YOU ARE GRANTED A NON-EXCLUSIVE RIGHT TO ANY RENDERED IMAGE WHICH HAS YOUR DESIGN APPLIED. FEEL FREE TO USE THE RESULT FOR ANY COMMERCIAL, SCHOOL, MARKETING OR ADVERTISING CAMPAIGN YOU SEE FIT.